Sunday, July 27, 2008

McCall is SEVEN

Today is McCall's seventh birthday. I can't believe our little girl is seven and about to start second grade! McCall asked for games for her Nintendo DS and money to go shopping. She is such a GIRL! Traditionally, the kids get to pick their favorite breakfast and dinner for their birthday. She chose to have wheat pancakes, bacon and Tampico for Breakfast. For dinner, it was Chicken Pillows and Invisible Kool-Aid. For dessert, she wanted a "purse" cake. I had never attempted to make a homemade cake in any kind of shape before. Thanks to Ashlee for the idea and instructions, it turned out DARLING. Then we ended the night with her favorite boardgame, CLUE. Sunday is a hard day for a birthday since you can't really go out, so we made our own fun at home. We love having McCall in our family. With her firecracker personality she makes everyday exciting at our house to say the least. For those of you that know her, she is hilarious and we love her soo much! Happy Birthday, Smeegie Smeegs!!

4 comments:

Lora Bonham said...

You are such a good mommy. You've got to share the instructions on how to make that adorable cake. My girls would love that!

Kris said...

That cake is amazing! No talent you say...whatever! Good job Mom!

Ashlee Swensen said...

Happy birthday my little twin I love you and I hope you had a special day. Good job Jen keeping it simple and fun. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It makes me sad. She's in second grade! I remember second grade scary!

Johnson Family said...

What a darling cake! Jen it is so cute - way to go! It looks like McCall had a great birthday!